How I overcame writer’s block through a trekking tour


With pollution levels soaring high in Delhi and NCR, the idea of living in a smaller towns like Ranikhet or Nainital seems much more logical. Well, this was definitely the case with me as I was trying hard to escape the monotony of daily life.   

I have been working in the copywriting and advertising industry for nearly four years and really loved my work. I must admit that my job is challenging and often times your creativity is challenged but this time it was a different case. I was not able to pull out any good content for nearly a month and it was definitely not working in my favor. Luckily, I am blessed with some amazing friends who suggested me to take a solo-trip to Uttarakhand and this is what I exactly did. 


Truth to be told, writers are crazy creatures. Unlike all the other professions that require direct human interaction; we need solitude and a little space to do our job. I packed my bag and headed for my weekend getaway inUttarakhand.  My first stop was Nainital and I must admit that the city is beautiful, clean, and has some amazing avenues for recreation. 

Staying at a homestay instead of a hotel was the best decision ever made as it gave me a whole together different experience. Watching sunsets from my little patio in silence is something that is engraved in my memory and I terribly miss this in Delhi.

Because I was pretty short on time, I had to make the best out of it. I went for a two-day trek in Uttarakhand and that was an experience of a lifetime. Before embarking on the trek when my tour guide told me that it is going to be a 20 Km trek, I got pretty scared and thought that I would never be able to make it but I underestimated my own abilities. Something in you automatically expands when you see those snow-clad mountains, deep-luscious green valleys, and a sky full of stars after sunset. I surprised myself by successfully completing the trek and on the last day of my vacation, I wrote an article and a poem. Out of all the things I had written before, that was my most beautiful creation.
 
It’s been two weeks since I am back from the lovely Himalayas and my work has never been better before. I am happy, contented, and enthusiastic at the same time. If you are struggling with life just like I was, just embark on a vacation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Into the Wilderness of Ranthambore

How to enhance a heritage city visit

Things you must do in Varanasi